[aprssig] aprs.fi supports Kenneth's proposed telemetry format

John Langner WB2OSZ wb2osz at comcast.net
Fri Apr 3 18:04:00 EDT 2020

About 5 years ago I was looking at a lot of APRS telemetry signals and found
that almost no one followed the original rule of exactly 3 digits in the
range of 000 - 255.

Pretty much everyone was using variable length fields and often decimal
points.   I tried several popular APRS applications and they were all happy
with variable length numbers containing decimal points.

We are discussing what has already been common practice for a long time.

You can find more of my rambling here:
https://github.com/wb2osz/direwolf/blob/master/doc/APRS-Telemetry-Toolkit.pd