[aprssig] Expanded APRS telemetry to 10 or 15 channels?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Apr 2 18:04:24 EDT 2020

I haved ignored the 0-255 telemetry spec ever since Kantronics and other
TNC's allowed 0-999 for over a decade.  The limit in the spec was simply to
keep the field to 3 digits each and since up to 999 still fits Im just fine
with that.

Not easy to chage SSID from an external circuit.  Whereas a simple 555
timer chip oronebit output from a processor can toggle back and forth the
extra bank of inputs.  Anyway, just a useful kludge that is backwards
compatible.
Bob