[aprssig] Expanded APRS telemetry to 10 or 15 channels?

spam8mybrain spam8mybrain at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 16:34:54 EDT 2020

Isn't that a violation of the original spec saying the values have to be in the range 0 to 255 (and be integers)? Or are you talking about the values after applying the quadratic coefficients? If so, you still only have one set of coefficients for the overloaded channel.

Wouldn't it be easier to use a second SSID value for the port, so you could transmit a completely separate set of values, coefficients, labels, etc., under the callsign and second SSID?Alternatively, use the !DAO! encoded telemetry in the position report as independent of the original format telemetry message.Just an idea.Andrew, KA2DDO