[aprssig] APRS beaconing and bulletins

spam8mybrain spam8mybrain at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 29 14:43:24 EST 2019

Several other programs can do that. My YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client") program can do multiple beacons, objects, and bulletins at various independent update rates, plus weather data. It also accepts data from other sources so you could have a satellite orbit prediction program feed upcoming horizon breaks to APRS.

I can't speak for other software's capabilities.Technically, the friend's weather data should be transmitted by his own station (unless, of course, he isn't a licensed ham operator).Just remember not to send so much so frequently that there's no room left on the channel for someone else to get a packet in.Andrew, KA2DDOauthor of YAAChttps://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html