[aprssig] Using YAAC as a bi-directional iGate?

Greg D ko6th.greg at gmail.com
Tue May 21 01:02:07 EDT 2019

Hi folks,

Is anybody using YAAC as a bi-directional iGate?  I'm having trouble
getting the IS->RF part to work.  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

The setup is now on a Raspberry Pi 3B, with Direwolf acting as a KISS
modem for the RF port.  YAAC is on top of that with both IP and RF
ports, and a GPS (sync'd).  Desktop client is APRSIS32, and the RF
client is a Kenwood TH-D74.  I can receive and transmit messages to/fron
YAAC via both RF and IP separately, so I know that both ports are
working in both directions.  I have YAAC acting as a digipeater too, and
that appears to be working just fine (RF-RF), as the D74 hears its own
traffic very nicely (including the retries).

Messages and beacons from RF to the IS client are iGated and received by
the client, but replies don't get iGated back out.  The Tx Gate display
in YAAC is empty.  I've moved off of 144.39, so I know my testing isn't
involving any other infrastructure pieces (other digis or igates) that
might confuse things.

I'm presuming this is a configuration issue with YAAC.  I've checked the
port config (Tx enabled), and the Transmit tab under the Expert config
(both directions are checked).  Where else do I look?

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH