[aprssig] APRS Invasion of Dayton (actually Xenia, OH) Has Begun! (Talkin?)

Peter Laws N5UWY n5uwy at arrl.net
Wed May 15 16:00:23 EDT 2019

"APRS Invasion of Dayton (actually Xenia, OH) Has Begun! "

This has amused me for a couple of years now.  It's about 6 miles from
the HaRa arena in Trotwood, O, to the old Biltmore in downtown Dayton;
it's about 16 miles from the Greene Co fairgrounds to same.  Xenia and
Trotwood are each cities of about 25k population though Trotwood
covers about 2x the area.  While located in different counties, both
are part of the Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area.

And yet, no one ever felt the need to say "Dayton (actually Trotwood,
OH)" for the 50+ years that Hamvention wasn't in Dayton.

I'm not picking on Bob here because it's EVERYWHERE in the ham community.

Come on, people.  It's Dayton.  No one cared that it was in Trotwood,
why care that it's now in Xenia?  The important thing is that it is
NOT AT THE HARA ARENA!!  :-D