[aprssig] SmartBeaconing for Bicycle mobile

Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) KJ4ERJ at arrl.net
Fri Mar 8 16:03:17 EST 2019

So, how about 2mph @ 10 minutes, 3mph @ 2 minutes.  That way when I'm
standing still or basically not moving, it drops to 10 minutes.  When I
get underway (>3mph), it will ramp to every 2 minutes and stay there
until I stop again.

I like SmartBeaconing because it slows way down when you stop moving.  A
fixed 2 minute interval means that it's beaconing every 2 minutes even
when sitting on the parking lot.  Your point is good, Bob, that you know
when you should be hearing from someone, but the automatic slow-down is
nice to have as well.

PS.  Yet another enhancement to SmartBeaconing:  A new "stopped" speed
below which it drops to a "stopped" interval.  Between slow and fast
scales between the existing two rates and faster than fast gets the fast
rate. Should work well, provided that your GPS isn't drifting too badly.