[aprssig] SmartBeaconing for Bicycle mobile

Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) KJ4ERJ at arrl.net
Thu Mar 7 20:06:45 EST 2019

Does anyone have experience with efficient SmartBeaconing parameters for
bicycle mobile operation?  I'm looking to configure my D74 to provide an
accurately updating location without overloading the local frequency too
much.  I really like SmartBeaconing, but the the 10-70 mph slow and fast
speeds just don't cut it for a bicycle!

PS.  Don't look at KJ4ERJ-4's raw packets as I was doing a local test of
a pole mounted antenna with 30 second beaconing this afternoon!