[aprssig] failure with some new aprs apps using aprs text

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Wed Jun 19 06:07:28 EDT 2019

Hi,

The aprs.fi iOS app does not implement APRS messaging yet. In fact, the
current version does not have the functionality to transmit on the APRS-IS
at all; the stations are only visible on the aprs.fi web site. So, you
should not see these -i stations on the APRS-IS now, and messages are
unlikely to go through.

I am working on both features, so they might appear in a new version later
this year, I hope.

I released this "new" application in December 2015.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/aprs-fi/id922155038

  - Hessu, OH7LZB/AF5QT