[aprssig] Tesla Field Day mode (or any EV/Hybrid) FD load

spam8mybrain spam8mybrain at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 20:34:26 EST 2019

I don't know if they go all the way up to 10kW in a portable size, but there's a 3.5kW unit in my RV. They have larger ones for bigger RVs. The plus of this unit is that it's also a MPPT bulk charger for the coach battery bank, so it works both ways through the 4/0 cables linking it to the 2x2 series-parallel array of Trojan T105 golf cart batteries. The inverter brand name in my RV is Maxxum (sp?). Note that the low-DC side wire size needed for kilowatt-level AC loads is significant.
Do you actually need 10kW for your house in an emergency situation?
Andrew, KA2DDOauthor of YAAC long-term "dry" camper roughing it in comfort