[aprssig] Tesla Field Day mode (or any EV/Hybrid) at work

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Thu Feb 28 15:26:37 EST 2019

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019, Patrick wrote:

> Don't forget the purely "selfish" secondary rewards of the solar carport like them having absorbed all the sun's heat and protected from weather that would have hit the car.  It's much faster / more
> efficient to cool a car on a hot summer day that's been parked under a charging shelter, and to get into one that's under a cover when it is raining.

   Absolutely.  I didn't mention that because it's harder to quantify.  Energy
expenditure avoided ('Negawatts') is definitely a benefit, and contributes to a
shorter payback period.

--
Rick Green N8BJX

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's
  Citizens United ruling, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish
  that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons
                        entitled to constitutional rights.

 			http://www.MoveToAmend.org