[aprssig] Tesla Field Day mode (or any EV/Hybrid)

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Tue Feb 26 11:39:59 EST 2019

We have a much better situation around here,
Public charging points (3x32 amp 240 v) are free to get installed for
any company or city if they can show proof of demand, the charge net
provider forks the bill because they will be the ones to get the profit.
charging cost is about 20 eurocent per kwh with the average EV using
about 10 kwh per 100 km it would be less then 2 euro per day without
charging at home.
Now comes the best part, with both smart charging and V2G enabled and
the charge network participating in grid balancing auctions, the EV
owner gets a cut back from the charging company and the employer does
not have to do anything for it except request the number of charging
points that are needed free of cost.

The employer would not gain anything here from doing it themselfs as we
do not have peak demand charges, they just pay for the max they can
draw, be it 3x80 amp 240v for a small dedicated line or a 3x32amp 10 kv
line and the amount actually used, the max capacity also counts for
delivering back, afterall the components do not care what way the
current flows.

73 de Andre PE1RDW