[aprssig] Hybrids & HF-in-motion

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 21:35:18 EST 2019

 Allow me to re-frame the issue that I raise.
An entire class of mobile vehicle cannot be used for HF Emergency Communications (see Part 97.1(a)) while in motion or otherwise regenerating.

Though the interference is "contained" to the operation originating inside of the car itself, the level of that interference is akin to that presented by BPL however without the ability to drive out of town to get away from it.

The very advantage of having a phenomenal mobile power plant is fully contradicted by the HF interference created by its' very operation.
It is disingenuous to suggest that there is no solution.  Manufacturers have simply exploited the Part 15 exemption given to them as an early-stage development incentive.
Dear ARRL: We need you.  Can you help?
Ev, W2EV