[aprssig] Thinking about YAAC

wa7skg wa7skg at wa7skg.com
Sun Dec 8 23:19:11 EST 2019

I'm looking at alternatives to Xastir for an APRS client and ran across
YAAC. The only mailing list I found was for Alpha testers on Yahoo
groups. Of course Yahoo groups is a dying animal, so I thought I'd try here.

My first issue in setting up YAAC is with my hardware. I have an old
original MFJ-1274(NO suffix) TNC2 clone. It does not do KISS, so I'm
wondering if it will work with YAAC. Still looking for up to date
documentation.

After setting this up on my base, I am planning to use it mobile with an
RPi and TNC-Pi.

Looking for any comments, experiences, etc.

tnx es 73,
Michael WA7SKG