[aprssig] KAM-XL APRS Digipeater Setup

Jim Conrad jjc at oceanviewcom.com
Mon Aug 19 19:29:08 EDT 2019

Bob,

Thanks for the response. It does have those commands but I was not
clear how everything came together. Someone sent me a private message
which included a very detailed setup for a KPC-3 and it made
reference to your site (
<http://www.aprs.org/kpc3/kpc3+WIDEn.txt>http://www.aprs.org/kpc3/kpc3+WIDEn.txt
). The KPC-3 appears close enough to the KAM-XL Command/OS so I can
figure out the rest.

I am not an APRS guru and the only other APRS Digi I have configured
is the Microsat WX3IN1 which is dedicated to APRS and is far more
intuitive to setup with many of the settings able to be left at the
default. I also bought another one of them (WX3IN1) for the AT-GP
event. Perhaps I can I-Gate the AT-GP event the next time I am able
to participate.

I'm going to experiment with the KAM-XL. It will eventually be used
for the AT-GP Event also. I looked on the
<http://aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt>http://aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt
and could not find a <tocalls> for the KAM-XL. Could you add that so
I can use an accurate tocall, perhaps APNKMX?

Thanks, 73's - Jim N4WFP