[aprssig] YAAC + Direwolf configuration puzzle...

Greg D ko6th.greg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 14:26:43 EDT 2019

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the help.  I chose to post here, vs the product-specific
lists, to first get a recommendation on what functions to put in what
product.  Is YAAC a better choice for the Digipeater and/or iGate
functions, or should those be in Direwolf?  How should I approach this?

As far as I know, I should only have Direwolf acting as a TNC, with
everything else being in YAAC.  The use of a different SSID was done on
purpose as a diagnostic indicator, which sounds like a good decision.
It's clearly being seen on RF when it apparently shouldn't be.  I'm
positive that Direwolf isn't doing the iGating, since I did not give it
my APRSIS code.

So, perhaps I should try turning off all that stuff in YAAC and just let
Direwolf do its thing?  The way I have things configured, I start
Direwolf in background, then run YAAC, via a script.  The script kills
off Direwolf when YAAC exits.

Oh, also what is the algorithm this combo would use to erase something
from the YAAC screen?  I see stations pop up (as they should), and then
disappear some few minutes later.  I thought they should stick around
for 2 hrs (per the config).

Greg  KO6TH