[aprssig] Where to buy new digipeater?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 23:36:25 EDT 2018

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:44 PM khufford <khufford at atlanticbb.net> wrote:

> Raspbeery pi 3 with a TNC-X CARD.

The TNC-X is good, but the pi is unimpressive for reliability.  I use
a pi to interface a basic UPS so I can monitor it along with the rest
of my enterprise equipment.  Every few weeks it simply locks up, and
all it does is run nut (ups interfacing) and NRPE (accepts connections
from a nagios server to query the ups status). It's running the
recommended ubuntu-based distro and patches are up to date. It
requires physically touching it to get it back on the network. I've
monitored multiple units for basic wifi connectivity, and wifi will
drop out for no reason on a very regular basis (at least once a day),
and this is an enterprise network, not a cheap consumer WAP.  I don't
think I'd go the pi route unless it was easily and conveniently
accessible for monitoring and resets.

If you're not in a rush, wait for the latest OpenTracker (Tracker 4?)
to hit the streets and get broken in.

-Jason
kg4wsv