[aprssig] Argent Data Systems

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Sep 6 17:17:02 EDT 2018

Yeah, I had data for a little bit on Saturday (before gate opening) and
then even SMS was unreliable up until the event ended.  John's been here
filling orders for existing stuff and I'll be back to debugging as soon
as I'm through my email backlog.

I wish I'd put a tracker on my bike, because it got stolen about 10
minutes in to the first day when my son borrowed it.  Not a big loss, I
paid $20 for it and got 8 years of use out of it.  I was mostly driving
anyway.  I had an experimental T4 prototype with an integrated
transceiver on the art car last year but didn't have time to get it
running.  This time I just added some more LEDs and a misting system but
couldn't justify taking much time away from product development and
debugging.  When I'm not out in the desert, I'm typically in the shop
about 80 hours a week.

I did have a T4 (N1VG-6) on my truck for the drive out and back and it
did fine, but the lock-up problem seems to be related to the network
features.  And now our UV printer is down and I need to get it fixed to
get end panels going again, or outsource those.

So far (9 years in a row) I've always been camped in the Fandango!
village and our address is always listed on the back cover of the
what-when-where guide.  We've got a 24-hour bar and you can ask for me
there.  Usually we have anywhere from 2-4 Argent employees there.  You
can also keep an eye out for the Electric Toadstool car
(https://youtu.be/fhAGIcs4fsg), which has been my ride since last year.
I may not be ON the car when it's out driving around, but if it's
scooting around unmanned you can hop on and it'll probably bring you to
me.  ;)

Scott
N1VG