[aprssig] APRS Air Quality Monitoring

Graham planophore at aei.ca
Fri Oct 12 20:05:58 EDT 2018

Bob,

There are several crowd sourced air monitoring projects that are
currently active

https://luftdaten.info/en/home-en/  is one that have spent a bit of time
reading about. A friend has set up such a sensor not far from were I am
and he indicates that it seems to work well.

http://deutschland.maps.luftdaten.info/#3/49.15/-32.18   shows world
wide participation and as you might expect for some that started in
Europe, most participants in that part of the world

And more specifically my friends sensor:

http://deutschland.maps.luftdaten.info/#8/45.457/-74.499   click on the
hex to get a text display of it's latest report.

May or may not be what you have in mind

An interface to APRS, sounds like a good idea to me.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc