[aprssig] [amsat-bb] Tiangong Re-entry on Heavens bove

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Mar 31 20:55:17 EDT 2018

> Hi Bob, do you know the object number by chance?

No, but this link shows that the higher probabilities or re-entry are
between about 38 to 43 degree latitudes north and south.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/mar/30/chinas-tiangong-1-space-st
ation-will-crash-to-earth-this-weekend

Im not sure why those would be slightly higher.  43 degrees is its maximum
excursion (matches its inclination)...  Maybe its because as it passes
over the equatorial bulge, it sees the higher drag and that will start the
demise which will occur then 20 minutes later?

Bob