[aprssig] Fwd: APRS document is clue in murder investigation

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Mar 13 22:28:53 EDT 2018

David Banez reported Mar 13, 2018:

Thought you might find this amusing.

Several pages of the APRS Protocol Reference were displayed briefly in a
scene of a popular British-French television crime drama.  The show is
titled "Death in Paradise".  In Season 2, Episode 7, titled "A Stormy
Occurance", the scene occurs at 41 minutes, 15 seconds.  The show series is
available on Netflix.

Having fully read and frequently referenced the document, I recognized it
immediately.  I’ve tinkered with hardware (Kenwood TH-D7 and TM-D700) and
software (VB 6) APRS implementations for many years.

APRS is not part of the  plot but the APRS pages along with some weather
related pages were found on a SD card with other “research” hidden by the
murder victim, a weather scientist

73 from California,

David Banez

Kb6hzp