[aprssig] NMEA output GPS or compass?

Fred Hillhouse fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 10:17:06 EDT 2018

Hi David,

The two big shopping networks have things like this:

Puck.

https://www.amazon.com/GlobalSat-BR-355S4-GPS-Receiver-Black/dp/B00AMAJFUO/

Connect puck to RS232 via DE9 connector.

https://www.amazon.com/USGlobalSat-RS232-power-input-playstation-2/dp/B00J2DMZBS/

Connect puck to USB.

https://www.amazon.com/USglobalsat-GlobalSat-Receivers-USG-BR305-USB-Category/dp/B003806LU2/

If you are into putting pieces together …

I have one of these. No case for the PCB but with the external antenna, the module can be place out of harm’s way. The module will support RS232-TTL (great for RPi or ESP8266) and USB. You will need a 12V-5V DC-DC converter. Mine is actually connected to an ESP01 and provides NMEA over TCPIP.

https://www.amazon.com/Gowoops-Module-Antenna-Arduino-Microcomputer/dp/B01MRNN3YZ/

A simple ~12V to 5V to possibly power the GPS module. I have several of something similar to this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CGRMGZM/

Have fun!

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH