[aprssig] NMEA output GPS or compass?

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:01:32 EDT 2018

Byonics and Argent Data both offer puck style receivers with a standard
DE-9 connection.

Depending on your application Globalsat manufactures the MR-350 as a
through hole bulkhead mount, which can be configured to be either USB or
RS232 connection. The RS232 can be accessed directly at the 6-pin DIN
connector, otherwise I believe they have an adapter dongle to a DE-9
connector similar to their USB adapter. Looking on their website, it
appears they also make a puck style one as the BR-355.

These all provide standard RS232 NMEA sentences. Since you mentioned NMEA+
and NMEA-, arre you looking for something other than that?

Brett KQ9N