[aprssig] Another 60 Meters APRS Test This Week: Tuesday 26 June - Thursday28 June

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 00:09:34 EDT 2018

On 6/25/2018 11:37 AM, Scott Miller wrote:
> Can you point us to the raw packets?  Were you showing up there consistently,
> or was it just a single glitch?  It's not necessarily the GPS - packets
> sometimes get corrupted by TNCs with PASSALL turned on.
>
> Scott
> N1VG

The two calls in question would be

WA8LMF-6    (Conventional 300-baud HF AX.25)
WA8LMF-66   (On APRS Messenger APRSD-over-MFSK16)

I was beaconing alternately on both modes.   I think they would have already
aged off APRS.fi, but I'm not certain how long findu.com keeps them.

I do think the problem was here.   PASSALL would most likely spew junk
different every time.   I saw the data base accumulated by UIview here at home
when I got back from the trip.    Dozens and dozens of clean packets all
showing my home location, with time stamps showing they were received while I
was on the road.    Not to mention that I don't think anyone else except myself
was running igates on 60 meters during the tests.