[aprssig] Another 60 Meters APRS Test This Week: Tuesday 26 June - Thursday28 June

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ac.rs
Mon Jun 25 05:31:25 EDT 2018

On 06/25/2018 08:13 AM, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> After the screwup last weekend due to a flakey driver for the uBlox GPS I was
> using (which caused me to appear to have never left home), I am trying 60 meters
> APRS again this week.

Regarding uBlox chip -based GPS devices: I was recently done some APRS
tests in Rabat, Morocco, and I had a Taiwanese G-mouse having an uBlox
chip. But something caused me to appear on the map some 1500-2000 km to
the east (somewhere near Algerian-Tunisian border). Any idea what might
have happened? And when I returned back to Europe, everything was fine
again with reporting my locations. (The same hardware & software used.
The software is dxlAPRS by Chris OE5DXL.)

Misko YT7MPB