[aprssig] AMTRAK mobile from DC to Minneapolis via Toledo Oh

Michael Pittaro mikeyp at lhrc.com
Mon Jul 16 17:58:56 EDT 2018

​Do we really need that level of detail in a train symbol?  ​

​Personally, I would rather see the symbol space used for ​'rail
infrastructure' than details of the train itself.  Stations, level
crossings, unguarded crossings, grade separations, tunnels, switches, etc,
are interesting.  I believe the details of the train itself can be better
communicated in other ways.

I like the way the UN OCHA has organized their icons [1].    It's a
somewhat different domain, but the icons are clear and readily identified.
Once you see something familiar, you can always drill into the details.

[1]
https://reliefweb.int/report/world/world-humanitarian-and-country-icons-2012

​mike​