[aprssig] trying to beacon our local repeater--aprx

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Wed Jan 24 14:58:06 EST 2018

I now this is silly question, but I am confused.  My beacon is sent but
I don't think I have the comment data correct.  In many places I've
visited, my aprs radio will hear a beacon that reports a local repeater.
 My radio then pops it up and I can push a button and the data sets my
radio automatically so I can use the repeater.

I've pasted a bit of my config file below.  How should it be?

# Basic beaconed thing is positional message of type "!":
#
#beacon symbol "R&" lat "0000.00N" lon "00000.00E" comment "Rx-only iGate"

beacon symbol "I&" $myloc comment "Tx-iGate Repeater 147.60 147.000rx tn
103.5 r50m"

#

Thanks for any help.

73

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken