[aprssig] APRS Newbie - Overwhelmed

Martin (DK3ML) dk3ml at darc.de
Sun Jan 21 12:18:55 EST 2018

Hi Michael,

here are 2 excellent pod-casts that helped me a lot to understand most
of APRS:

http://hamradio360.com/index.php/2017/01/24/ham-radio-360-all-about-aprs-with-w6kwf/
http://hamradio360.com/index.php/2017/03/07/ham-radio-360-aprs-follow-up-listener-qa/

Kenneth, W6KWF is explaining almost everything during the ~3 hours of
pod-cast. It's worth to take the time.

Kenneth is author of the digipeater software aprx and therefore knows
the protocol really well

(Scroll down to the bottom to get the audio player)

I think that should be a good start.

73,
Martin DK3ML
--