[aprssig] Google Maps API Change Has "Broken" findu.com

Paul Bramscher pfbram at comcast.net
Thu Aug 23 11:19:18 EDT 2018

Greetings--

The same (bait-and-switch?) Google pricing model affected pskreporter.info:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?_escaped_fragment_=topic/psk-reporter/g1GhYAeMpLU#!topic/psk-reporter/g1GhYAeMpLU

...and someone dropped this URL which may be of some use here:
https://switch2osm.org/

It didn't take Philip long to make the switch to OpenStreetMap on pskreporter.info.

As a heavy user of both Google Maps and OSM, I find that OSM often has more detail, especially of parks and trails.  Off-topic here, I use Locus Map on my Android phone while biking or kayaking, and plot the GPS coordinates.  I then export my trails to my APRS-dedicated PC and use a half-baked Linux app. called GPX Viewer to view my plots on the desktop w/OpenStreetMaps.

73, KD0KZE / Paul