[aprssig] Google Maps API Change Has "Broken" findu.com

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 00:52:22 EDT 2018

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018, steve at dimse.com wrote:

> I've looked briefly at the alternatives, and none of them seem like an easy and free replacement. I'm not going to say never, which is why I'm spending the server saving account on keeping it going rather than taking a cruise ;-) but it'd take more motivation than I feel now. I'd really like to see it make March 2020 though, for the twentieth anniversary.

Not sure if this is an option for you, but standing up a WSM server with OSM map data would be a free way to go, except for the server and bandwidth needs of serving up all the map images yourself. That might be a bigger headache than you have now.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."  -Stephen Hawking