[aprssig] digipeater setup questions LOCAL OBJECTS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Apr 22 10:03:11 EDT 2018

The DIGI instructions look good.  It uses only LT1 and LT2 for the local
and 2 hop DIGI packet, and uses LT3, LT4 and BTEXT for three local
 FREQUENCY objects informing visitors of the locations and frequencies of
favored voice repeaters and or VOIP nodes.  Additional info on that topic
are in http://aprs.org/localinfo.html

Notice, it is strongly favored that theswe freqq objects be originated at
the DIGI as shown.  Because only the digi can hear when the channel is
treuly clear and inject this local info onto the channel.

If you need a 4th local object, you can give up LT2 from proportional
pathing the digi and let it be another frequency object.  Then set up the
one and only digi beacon to be every 15 minutes and use only the single
path of WIDE2-1.

Bob, WB4APR