[aprssig] National Capital Region Wireless Alert System Test

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 14:28:54 EDT 2018

Millions of mobile phones received a test alert today, one a little less
alarming than they got in Hawaii.  I happened to be working form home this
morning because the train I take was broken down, so I thought I'd put APRS
to good use.

So, if you were within a couple of hops from Frederick, Maryland, you got a
couple of bulletins on our APRS display to commemorate the event.

I don't really have the shack back together, so I just used the Kenwood
D-72 which is pretty message limited.  I recall seeing a document somewhere
that listed the various maximum message lengths that the common APRS
displays could display.  Does anyone have that link?

73 de Joseph M. Durnal - NE3R