[aprssig] Data fm radio

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 15:18:39 EDT 2017

> I was looking for a fc-301 but Scott does not seem to carry them
>
> Got two Pi tnc for TCP/IP over radio testing
>
> Looking for a fm transceiver

Andrew has a highly relevant question here and it's time to build a
table.   This is primarily for the Northwest Digital UDR-C soundcard
modem but will perhaps work for other off the shelf devices - at least
with a basic conversion cable from whatever to the standard 6-pin mini
din.

Please check the table at the bottom of this post and forward to me
any updates or additional info.  It would be nice to have a "click
here and order this" solution for a packet data radio.   Lots to be
added but at least this is a start.

> ... for TCP/IP over radio testing

TCP/IP over legacy packet is another resource worthy of revisiting.
I'm working on a similar project to build a slow speed TCP/IP MESH
with rPI, UDR-C's and some yet unknown radio to build a backup
backbone for the local 1200 Winlink AP's.   My theory is that a 3600
or 4800 baud system will be adequate to support the 1200 Winlink.

73
Bill, WA7NWP

--- current packet dataradio list

# Modems and Cables
* Northwest Digital Radio UDR-C -
http://nwdigitalradio.com/product/udrc/ - soundcard Linux interface
with 6 pin din
* Cables - http://www.qsl.net/w7tut/

# 9k6 ready - flat discriminator audio - standard 6-pin mini-din
* Alinco FT-8900, FT-7900, FT-8800  (CT-39A interface cable)
* Kenwood TH-D710, TH-D700, ..
* TM-V71
* Yeasu FT-817, FT-857, FT-991(?)

# 9k6 ready - other interface
* Alinco's DR-235T, DR-135T, DR-435T
* Kenwood FT-6, TH-D7, TH-D72, TH-D74
* Maxon SD-125V2 VHF Synthesized RF Data Link Radio
   * http://www.ebay.com/itm/332309296284
* TEKK SD-520 UHF Synthesized 2 watts 10 channels
* FC-301 (ex Argent)

# < not 9k6 ready yet good for slower packet with other convenient interface
*

# Least desirable -
* Baufeng and other low price HT's