[aprssig] SatReporter Hacked once Again

vk4tec at tech-software.net vk4tec at tech-software.net
Wed Sep 6 16:11:57 EDT 2017

     48 49.197.83.156

     17 5.196.87.66

     12 5.255.250.90

     24 50.112.194.65

288612 50.255.43.233 (**) hits

     12 50.32.243.233

     27 51.255.65.10

     33 51.255.65.11

     17 51.255.65.12

From: vk4tec at tech-software.net [mailto:vk4tec at tech-software.net]
Sent: Thursday, 7 September 2017 6:10 AM
To: AMSAT <amsat-bb at amsat.org>
Cc: 'aprssig at tapr.org' <aprssig at tapr.org>
Subject: SatReporter Hacked once Again

I have been accused of not supplying enough information

So here it is

I designed a SatReporting tool that encompases the ISS and NO-84

It draws information from the APRS-IS stream and presents it in a web form.

I added a function where people could manually add a satellite observation

This was exploited and I had to deal with the authorities and coped 65,000
emails from a vindictive individual in California

I contacted his her ISP and they were dumb and clueless

The help exceed my monthly internet bill in the the process.

That stoped after I reported them and took away the manual reporting
feature.

I then let the system back on line and once again the same vindictive
indivual was hitting my web site with a denial of service attack every
second.

I have had to report them again.

My ISP are pissed off at me when I have done nothing wrong

Some jelous individual obviously does not like any one else doing something
smart

It is sad and I feel sorry for that individual

I have a had a rough life and I can can take the punches

I will persist in bringing new and smart solutions to problems where I see I
can help

Here is the individual that is doing it

vk4tec at hpserver:/maint/scripts> nslookup 50.255.43.233

Server:         192.168.1.1

Address:        192.168.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:

233.43.255.50.in-addr.arpa      name =
50-255-43-233-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net.

vk4tec at hpserver:/maint/scripts>

I have migrated from a raspberry pi to a quad quad core processore machine
with 64 GB of RAM running LINUX OpenSuse

I will not be shut down by some asshole who wants to make my life hell

I say go for it

I am smater than you think having been in volved in both telecommunications
and aviation security incidents.

I have been given military clearance and are friends with federal police

You have been warned

Andrew