[aprssig] APRS Speed Spec? (plan B)

Javier Henderson javier at kjsl.org
Wed Oct 11 21:51:10 EDT 2017

As long as we’re revising specs, and considering the kludginess involved (and not just with how to encode speeds), should we consider revising the entire protocol?

I know there’s a large installed base of rigs, websites, etc., but designing a protocol takes time, and any changes could be backward compatible and also phased-in over time.

We could even do it as an organized effort instead of by the seats of our pants, with input from experienced programmers and protocol designers.

73,
-jav k4jh