[aprssig] APRS Speed Spec?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Oct 11 09:27:37 EDT 2017

I believe I have read everything that is locatable about APRS specs and
do not recall ever having seen these special speed values anywhere.

My question is:  Why bother?  When things are going that fast, they're
probably beaconing at a reasonable rate and the speed/heading can be
calculated between two adjacent beacons.  At least satellites (and I
hope the Concord) don't turn that quickly.

Or are we trying to do APRS tracking of fighter jets in a live dogfight?