[aprssig] Ham Radio MOBILE Traveler PL-FIND device?

Sterling Coffey kawfey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 16:24:07 EST 2017

Just a few cents: repeater tower locations in RFinder (and other apps) are
1.) dependent on user data, which is errorprone 2.) a hotly debated privacy
topic, which many repeater owners prefer city center's be the origination
of their repeater or else a telecom company will discover there are hams
taking up valuable tower space, potentially being a liability and 3.)
often protected
by repeater coordination bodies as valuable proprietary information
<https://www.reddit.com/r/amateurradio/comments/3s4y6n/breaking_the_sera_control_on_regional_repeater/>,
which is IMO outside of the bounds of the spirit of amateur radio.

Have you tried getting data from Repeaterbook?