[aprssig] Broken Yahoo Source Policy

Kenneth Finnegan kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 18:44:17 EST 2017

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Matthew Chambers <mchambers at showmeham.info>
 wrote:

> Ok, I have no idea what’s going on but someone on this thread has
> something in their email that keeps dragging this whole thread into my spam
> box?

The issue is that Yahoo publishes a rather broken DMARC email source
authentication policy so when anyone using Yahoo email posts to a mailing
list that re-sends their email it gets flagged as spam since the email came
from the mailing list's server instead of Yahoo's.

For example, I never see any of Andrew, KA2DDO's replies to threads until I
check my spam folder at the end of the month.

Recommended solution for Yahoo users: Stop using Yahoo for email.

--
Kenneth Finnegan, W6KWF
http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/