[aprssig] Cross-Band digipeater paths

Jess Haas km6gvw at jesshaas.com
Fri Nov 3 16:17:32 EDT 2017

I have an experimental digipeater setup on 70cm that is cross-band
digipeating a filtered stream of packets from 2 meters onto the 70cm
network. Eventually I want to have it setup to do bidirectional message
passing between the networks as well.

What should the paths of these packets look like? Should there be an
indication that they came from a different frequency? Should they be
formatted as third party packets with the
}SOURCECALL>TNCID,NETWORKIDENT,YOURGATEWAYCALL
third party header? If so what should the NETWORKIDENT be? 144.39 maybe?

APRX doesn't really seem to support what I am trying to do at the moment so
I will probably have to implement something.

Thank You,
   Jess
   K5LLI