[aprssig] Blog post: Important hints to APRS igate developers

Greg Trasuk trasukg at trasuk.com
Tue May 9 23:02:27 EDT 2017

I collected a whack of packets off-air when I was doing my ‘utils-for-aprs’ project.  They are here:

https://github.com/trasukg/utils-for-aprs/blob/develop/src/spec/sample-frames.js

That file is JavaScript, but if you go in and delete the initial comments, they should be readable by any JSON interpreter.

Of course, if you happen to want to use Node.js for your igate software, you can just go ahead and use the ‘utils-for-aprs’ library.  It already knows how to decode KISS packets.

Code: https://github.com/trasukg/utils-for-aprs
Install using npm: npm install —save-dev utils-for-aprs

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk