[aprssig] Auto-response position reports

spam8mybrain spam8mybrain at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 11:41:30 EDT 2017

Oops. Sent this to the wrong email address.
The APRS protocol specification defines directed query messages, including the message ?APRSP (respond with current position report). Of course, this only works if all of the below conditions are met:
1. The target station can receive APRS messages  (i.e., not a one-way tracker).
2. The text message can be routed to the target station (proper digipeat path or Tx I-gate near the target station, as appropriate).
3. The target station's APRS software or firmware actually implemented proper handling of the ?APRSP directed query.
Good luck.
Andrew, KA2DDOauthor of YAAC (which does support ?APRSP)