[aprssig] Auto-response position reports

David Aronovitz k1lpi at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 15:46:59 EDT 2017

Thanks for the info on the SMS system. This would be useful for my friends and family when I am out of cell phone range or find myself in an APRS blind spot if I have cell service. However, for SAR in a remote area with no cell service it will not work. Also, the SMS messages must be manually initiated and we will need an automatic system to query the APRS mobiles sequentially or as needed. The "latency" in the SMS cellular network would also be a possible problem.

K1LPI

Sent from my iPad