[aprssig] Barebones "Data Radio"

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 21:19:04 EST 2017

I would not be putting them in as near an extreme environment as Jason did,
so I think they would actually be worth trying. However this brings me back
to my initial post, as I am unable to find a reputable supply source. It
appears the FC-301/D and the FC-302 are still being manufactured. They both
appear on Friendcom's website along with other products, and the company is
planning on attending IWCE at the end of the month.

I did stumble across the Ritron DTX+ series of telemetry transceivers,
which appears to be what I am looking for. However they appear to be
somewhat sensitive to releasing much information. Most locations of
information on their website advises to contact them directly, even to find
a dealer. On the plus side, they appear to offer a 1.25m capable radio
which would be very helpful for a future project I have in mind.

Brett KQ9N