[aprssig] Amount of "padding" before and after data at 1200 baud?

Alan wa4sca at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 11:44:35 EDT 2017

In adjusting the TXDelay and TXTail parameters, is there a recommended number of ms before and after the data that you want actually transmitted?  With conventional rigs, it is relatively simple to take a guess, and tweak it slightly until it is reliable.

In working with DSP rigs, not only is the internal latency significant, but in some cases not entirely reproducible.  That is, you can send a series of beacons, and the timing will vary from one to the next.  I can look at the actual output, and would like to know what the minimum recommended times are so that I can insure that without just brute forcing long unneeded transmission times.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA