[aprssig] FW: When did APRS start ? (and First Football Run)

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Thu Jul 20 21:04:28 EDT 2017

Since we are past the 25th anniversary maybe we need to create the QC-APRS club! No straight keys on our logo ;-)

It'd be fun to see a list of callsigns that registered by year if you have it, to remember some of the early ops that are gone as well as verifying membership in QC-APRS. I'm guessing I was 93 or 94, since I remember being ecstatic when I saw Keith's beacon of MacAPRS 0.1 on HF, and that was 94 or 95 at the latest. Then in 96 I released javAPRS and 97 was the start of the APRS IS, things moved fast back then.

Steve