[aprssig] Wireless WX stns on 433 MHz

KF4LVZ aprssigZbr6 at acarver.net
Sat Jan 28 17:46:45 EST 2017

On 2017-01-28 05:25, Miroslav Skoric wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I noticed that many producers of wireless WX stations offer models that
> use 433 MHz in between main units and sensors. I wonder if 433 MHz is
> restricted for ham radio service only, or it can be used by anybody else
> (including non-ham users of weather stations)? Is that different
> regarding IARU regions?

It depends on the ITU regions.  In ITU Region 1 it is an ISM band
(Industrial, Scientific, Medical) and able to be used for these devices
provided it meets other rules (power levels, etc.)  In most of ITU
Region 2 it falls under LPD433 for license free operation again assuming
other constraints are met and in the US it falls under FCC Part 15 rules
and clarified in OET 63.