[aprssig] APRS Symbol Look Up Table

Bob Harris knineudx at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:19:34 EST 2017

Kenneth got me thinking.

I see some of the symbols are for weather-related conditions (rain, fog,
mist, tornado, blowing snow, ...). I wonder if anyone actually uses
them? By putting out objects?  If so, it must take a lot of attention to
the current conditions and a lot of time spent on the radio (or
computer). The adage here is if you don't like the weather, wait five
minutes!

On 1/18/2017 8:49 PM, Kenneth Finnegan wrote:
> In the interest of making it easier to look up symbol codes, I've made
> a lookup table which has the symbol code, the primary symbol, and the
> secondary symbol all on top of each other as opposed to the three
> adjacent tables on the aprs.org <http://aprs.org> page:
> http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/2017/01/aprs-symbol-look-up-table.html
>
> Thanks again to Hessu for curating the icon set used to generate this
> table.
> --
> Kenneth Finnegan, W6KWF
> http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/

"The world of goodness is filled with fleas."

Bob Harris
Longmeadow Bradford Torrey CD (2001-2014)
Ch Silvercreek Gossip Girl
Bath, NH