[aprssig] APRS for Inauguration and Women's march.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 18 22:35:32 EST 2017

I just installed a temporary digi on Capitol Hill for the inauguration and
Women's March.  I was shocked that standing on the roof of a 4 story house
on Capitol Hill with a clear horizon in all directions.  I only hear one or
two packets per minute.  A completley dead band!  7PM though...

Although I am in Maryland only 30 miles away, I avoid DC at all costs.  But
was shocked at how little APRS coverage was there.

Anyway, the problem is solved at least for this week.  SO bring your APRS
HT to he mall!

Its a WIDE1-1 only, so make sure your path is WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1.

Bob
WB4APR