[aprssig] Need APRS settings help on FT1XD

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Jan 16 15:04:42 EST 2017

Bob WB4APR wrote...

 > A new ham got an FT1XD and lives near Columbia, SC
 > and cannot see herself on APRS.FI. It looks like she
 > lives within a few miles of the K4FI-4 digipeater.

What is her call sign? Has she downloaded the
APRS radio for the manual? The paper manual that
comes with it doesn't have all of the APRS details
in it.

The TNC (modem) must be enabled, as should the GPS
unless she has a fixed position entered. The call
sign must of course be entered too. I'm referring
to the APRS call sign, not the one the the user
must enter for C4FM when the radio is first turned
on. The path must be selected unless she is always
within earshot of an iGate. The beacon rate should
also be selected. Finally, beaconing must actually
be enabled. Look for the circle or circle with a
dot in it on the screen. The dot indicates a fixed
beacon rate. There will be no dot in the circle
when using SmartBeaconing.

If she is still stuck, give her my email address
unless she finds some help a bit closer to home.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH
UI-View32