[aprssig] New IGate Operator

Peter Laws N5UWY n5uwy at arrl.net
Thu Jan 5 16:02:10 EST 2017

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Scott Miller <scott at opentrac.org> wrote:
> I find more satisfaction in working in the ugly, messy, low-bandwidth world.

"Like"

Lots of folks in the HF world are *very* excited about getting email
to their sailboats for free over amateur HF to the point where they
want more and more (and want to change the rules for "more") bandwidth
assigned to automatic/unattended stations ... but I'm much more
impressed by all the weird and wonderful digital modes that have shown
up on HF in the last 20 years that let you transmit quite a bit of
data via the proverbial head of a pin ...  Sadly, most of that data is
"brag tapes", but never mind ...